But even the most experienced music hands have failed to benefit from the EFG [Enterprise Finance Guarantee, where the Government guarantees 75% of a loan to a business]. One music manager, representing some of the UKâ€™s most successful artists, was repeatedly turned down for scheme loans, even when he personally agreed to guarantee the remaining 25% of the loan. So the bankâ€™s risk was 0%.
Instead, the lender in question recommended he open a pizza franchise.
Of course in the old days this was called an advance from your publisher, which you spent on touring… and eating pizza in the back of the bus.